22 Apr The Benefits of Promotional Products
People love receiving gifts, and your customers are no exception to this rule. Studies have shown that consumers respond positively in a variety of ways when promotional gifts are given at trade shows, during sales conversations, in mailers, or in any other way. Promotional items can be inexpensive and they are especially cost effective when you consider the boost in business that result from them.
Here are some ways that promotional items have been shown to increase your business:
- Consumers who receive promotional items remember the name of the business associated with them for a longer amount of time.
- Sending promotional items with mailers increases response rates by as much as 50%.
- Salespeople who use promotional gifts get referrals at a rate of 22% higher than those who don’t.
- Tradeshow booths that are offering gifts receive three times more traffic than those who don’t.
- Promotional gifts have been more effective than coupons in prompting customers to reorder.
There are a myriad of promotional items available, so you can choose the ones that will work best for your client base. Ordering a variety of products allows you to cater to different demographics within your business. Everything from free product samples to baseball caps can be used to increase business and retain existing customers. Gift bags containing more than one item can be used when attending trade shows or other events.
The biggest advantage that promotional products offer is that your customers will get repeat exposure to your business because they will keep the item you’ve given them. This is different from the traditional flyer or business card which gets thrown away fairly quickly. A magnet, pen, or other promotional item is something your customers will keep with them or display in their home or office where they will see it over and over and be reminded of your brand and product/services.